I’m Waqas, person responsible for everything here.
I am the founder of HOMETOWN. A startup I started from my hometown to help a team of craftsmen through technology. We make awesome handmade leather products and sell them globally.
At HOMETOWN we have:
- shipped our shoes in over 17 countries in 9 months.
- won Pakistan’s first Startup Incubation Program Plan9.
- featured as ‘Innovation Hero‘ by Punjab Govt & Google Inc.
- won seed funding of $10,000 at P@SHA Social Innovation Fund.
In addition to this, I:
- write a handwritten letter to our each customer.
- fight against Internet Censorship in Pakistan, and my work has been featured at places like TechCrunch, Business Insider, Techmeme, Mashable and Tech in Asia etc.
- am an Acumen Pakistan Fellow.
- help fellow entrepreneurs how to build their startups.
- speak at annual Social Media Day event in Lahore, and other events in universities.
- volunteer at Indo-Pak Peace Media.
- write about entrepreneurship, digital media in Pakistan and ideas.
I was born and raised in Basirpur, a small town in Punjab. I am a born entrepreneur from humble background and have come a long way to this day. You can learn more about that by staying in touch. Well if you want, you can add me on Facebook / Google+ or do follow on Twitter.
For any good reason, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I reply to every email I receive.